Sunday, August 03, 2008

Making a Plan

After a whirlwind weekend of entertaining guests, I'm sitting in my newly quiet house, soaking up the silence and making plans for the upcoming week. It was great to have visitors (first Jim's family, then mine with only a few hours in between) but the pace of life ramps up so much higher when guests are here. It seems I've grown used to a very slow crawl.

So what are my plans for the week? Actually, I'm not quite certain. On Tuesday, the girls are leaving via Amtrak to meet up with my brother's family and head to an out of state wedding. For a whole week I'll only have two kids in the house. It's been a long time since I only had two kids in the house. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm trying to figure out if I'll have more or less time as a result. I mean the girls do the dishes and walk the dogs. Then again, the girls also create a lot of dishes and normally I have to take time out from my day to drive them to and from work. I think I'm going to come out ahead in this so...

My goal is to at least have the patterns made for the boys' boxers and at least one pair cut out and pinned by the end of the week. Measuring and cutting that first pair should be the time consuming, scary part of this project.

No comments: