Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Bike

Wouldn't you know it, the laundry was gently swaying in the breeze and just about dry when the sky suddenly darkened and it started to rain. No sooner had I yanked 3/4 of it off the clothesline, the rain stopped and the sky brightened. Why was Mother Nature trying to toy with me?? I opted to tumble the laundry in the dryer rather than risk another shower. Sometimes practicality has to take priority over frugality.

I'm not getting anywhere on this quilting project and its really annoying me. I can't seem to find the time. It looks like Tuesday will be a good day to try again since I'll be off and alone all day.

Sometimes the promises I make myself drive me nutty. A while back I set myself a goal to not pay full price for anything unless absolutely necessary. Then your son's birthday comes sneaking up on you and you can't find what you're looking for...what then???

I was on a quest for a bike for my very tall son. I didn't want to buy a new one. After all, he's an 8 year old boy. Have you ever seen the way 8 year olds treat their bikes? The ones in my neighborhood don't understand what a kickstand is for. They just let the bike drop to the ground. The thing was, I couldn't find one in the size I needed. So I...looked harder!

I know that sounds snotty but its true. I expanded my search. I checked online tag sale sites, I checked craigslist, I was about to check ebay locally when the perfect bike popped up on craigslist for $20. So now it sits in my parents garage waiting for my son's birthday to arrive.

Now if I could just think of an idea for my other son's birthday which is coming up in July...

No comments: