Monday, March 26, 2007

But Wait, There's More!

I decided to get a little bulk cooking done yesterday. The goal was to use up some of the veggies and apple butter in the freezer portion of my refrigerator (I forgot to look there when telling of my success in cleaning out the chest freezer in the basement!) I discovered a few containers of fennel in the freezer yesterday and set about finding a recipe to use them up. I'll post a ther recipe and a review when I get some feedback from my family.

The boys had a good time peeling and crushing garlic. Its quite funny what kids begin to enjoy when they get the opportunity! No one enjoyed cutting the onions and once again everyone threatened to put on goggles while the onions were cooking. It doesn't help that they saw a picture of one of the kids from the HomeEconomiser family wearing them while peeling onions in an interview in the now defunct Budget Living.

On tonights menu is a Red Lentil Stew that uses some of the multitude of red lentils that I seem to have accumulated.

In other news I finished my first knitted dishcloth!

No more time today!

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

Good on ya!!