Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Leftover Casserole Creation

The weather is getting colder, it must be casserole time! I love casseroles because they are a great way to use up leftovers, they dirty only one pot and the heat of the oven warms the kitchen.

Earlier this week I combined leftover Vegan Sloppy Joe's with 2 large, uncooked, cubed sweet potatoes and put this mixture in a greased 9" x 12" baking pan. I topped this with some leftover mashed potatoes and a sprinle of paprika. I cooked it in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, until the top was beginning to brown and the sweet potatoes were tender. I'd imagine you could cut your cooking time down if your sweet potatoes were already cooked.

The result was very much like a sheperds pie but with a tomato based gravy.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

YUMMY! I will definately try that. I l o v e shepherd's pie. Ok and just about all casseroles. :)

KleoPatra said...

Oh so good. Nice creation!!