Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Missing Granola Recipe

I'm not certain what went wrong with the granola link yesterday but here's the recipe it should have linked to. It combines my favorite elements of several granola recipes. The most important bit of wisdom that I've gleaned in my years of granola making is add dried fruit to the granola at serving time, NOT before cooking.

In a large mixing bowl combine the following:
1/2 cup brown sugar (although lately I've been using only 1/4 cup and increasing the molasses)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup blackstrap molasses

Stir in:
5 cups uncooked oatmeal
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut

Spread onto greased pan and bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally. We enjoy this with raisins, dates or cranberries and soymilk.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it!