Friday, May 19, 2006

Vegan Banana Blender Ice Cream

I made this little concoction with my youngest son last night. My blender is a Vita-Mix but any high powered blender should work. (Actually, any blender with an ice chopping function should work but I'm not certain how the final texture will be. I always managed to burn out the motors on regular blenders making concoctions like this one.)

Place 3 dried unsweetened, unsulphured pineapple rings and one pitted date in a blender. Pour in 1 cup of boiling water and let the pineapple rings and date soak until the water has cooled. Blend to puree the date and pineapple rings.

Add four frozen bananas and 3 cups vanilla soymilk. Blend until combined. It should have a slushy consistency. If its too watery you can drink it like a smoothie or add some ice and blend a bit more to thicken.

Its reminiscent of a Pina Colada. Enjoy!

4 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

Oh man I have yet to eat today and reading your page is making me starving! Ima go chow down now : )

stop by later

Teddy

Katie said...

I can't read about food when I'm hungry either!

Shirley said...

Have you tried just pureeing frozen bananas until smooth as ice cream? I freeze the banana in its skin, then take it out and when I'm able to take the skin off and slice the banana into chunks, I puree it.

Katie said...

I've never tried that but it sounds good.